From a Two Day Stop-Over in Rural China Year 2000
* Wash it or leave it behind.
* Do not breathe while standing in the loo.
* Keep M&M’s in pocket for overly curious children.
* No banquet in hot water supply, hot water dispensed only on strict time table.
4-star hotels excluded. Marble provided in foreigner bathroom also humongous unstylish chandelier in lobby.
* Do cross streets that cars may aim at you.
* Incessant honking advisable road technique, highly efficient population control.
* Pollution: honorary evil for peoples on way to pearly gates
* Save time: cut in front of anybody in line.
* Best Style (at current writing) is no style
* Progress Chinese Style: too risky, better to save face.
* Many bicycles to-ing and fro-ing.
* Slurping while eating means good tasting vittles.
* Manual Labor: political expedience. Populace too tired to complain.
* Guiness record: 30 people on a bicycle, easy for Chinese.